DataTables CDN files for Responsive 2.0.0. This software was originally released on 8th November, 2015.
This is a major update to Responsive that introduces a number of important new features:
- Compatibility with DataTables' column visibility controls. Previously Responsive uses the column visibility built into DataTables, causing it to override any user defined column visibility. Responsive now implements its own method to hide columns so the two can be used at the same time.
- Modal display option
- Much easier to define your own renderer now
- Keyboard accessibility
- Consistency in the CommonJS and AMD loaders for Responsive and all other DataTables extensions
Responsive is now available on NPM and Bower in distribution form, i.e. minified files and compiled CSS in the package, under the name datatables.net-responsive. Styling packages for the DataTables base style, Bootstrap, Foundation and jQuery UI are also available.
Important - please note that Responsive 2.0.0 does not support complex headers in a DataTable (i.e. those with colspan and rowspan). This will be addressed in a future update.
- New: When using CommonJS allow jQuery and the window object to be passed in
- New: AMD and CommonJS loaders for the styling integration files
- New: Keyboard accessibility
- New: Modal support for Foundation and jQuery UI
- New: Bootstrap modal support for Responsive's modal display with Bootstrap
- New: Modal display option to display the row information
responsive-displayto inform when row details are shown, hidden or updated
- New: Support for ColReorder (requires ColReorder 1.2.1 or newer)
- New: Ability to control how Responsive shows the hidden data. Previously the child row display was baked into the software, but is now abstracted out and multiple display options such as modals, hover over and others could be used.
responsive.orthogonaloption to provide the ability to specify orthogonal data for the information display
- New: Column visibility priority can now be defined through the
columns.responsivePriorityparameter or a
- New: Full support for DataTables' built in column visibility
- New: Rendering functions are now much easier to write with a new parameter passed in that contains information about the row's columns
- Update: Responsive 2.0 does not support complex headers. This should be resolved in 2.1, but will likely involve a fair amount of work and would hold the release up significantly.
- Update: Use DataTables' static throttle function - this means that DataTables 1.10.3 or newer is required
- Fix: Ensure that Responsive's events on a DataTable are removed on destroy
- Fix: Use the DataTables cache for column headers
- Fix: Extend the default prototype rather than overwriting with a plain object
- Fix: Improved rendering of the +/- show / hide icon using a monospace font for consistency - Courier New is used because it is common across platforms
- Fix: Rework of AMD and CommonJS loaders to present a consistent require interface and naming for DataTables and all of its extensions # Please enter the commit message for your changes. Lines starting
- Fix: Styles should not be applied when on an empty table