DataTables CDN files for DataTables 1.6.0. This software was originally released on 21st January, 2010.
It is with great pleasure that I can release DataTables 1.6.0! After just one beta, I've decided to go ahead and make this release, as it continues a wide range of improvements over the 1.5.x series, and includes an update to each of the three major plug-ins (FixedHeader, KeyTables and TableTools). The documentation on the site has all been updated, and while the migration from 1.5.x should be almost pain free, there are a few things to be aware of, which are detailed on the 1.5 to 1.6 migration page.
- New: fnVersionCheck API function which can be used by plug-ins to check if DataTables is at a suitable version for them to be supported
- New: fnPageChange API function. This is to simplify paging, both internally and externally.
- New: Now ships with jQuery 1.4 in the package
- New: A warning is alert()ed when you try to re-initialise a table now as this is unsupported behaviour. Use the API to make any required changes. This is basically a sanity check
- New: KeyTable is now included in the DataTables distribution (under the extras directory)
- New: ReadMe in the extra directory explaining the various plug-ins
- New: fnDeleteRow, fnUpdate and fnGetData now accept either an aoData index, or the TR element as the target parameter (aoData index was required before, which required looking up the position before calling either of these functions).
- Fixed: The 'alert' errors that DataTables gives have been modified to clearly indicate that they come from DataTables
- Fixed: DataTables and it's content could "disappear" in IE7/8 due to the position:relative on .dataTables_wrapper. Adding zoom:1 fixes this. With special thanks to Tobias Bathge for his kind assistance with this!
- Fixed: api/row_details.html, api/select_single_row.html, server_side/row_details.html example shows the new use of fnGetData with a TR element being passed. Clear and easier to understand.
- Fixed: server_side/select_rows.html had a memory leak in it. Now uses $.live() event handler and the updated syntax for fnGetData
- Fixed: The sorting icons are now png8 files, with transparent backgrounds. Suitable for easier integration. The source psd is also included
- Fixed: Paging plug-in example updated for the new pagination API in DataTables 1.6
- Fixed: Initialisation of aaSorting, could result in poor interaction behaviour if not used in combination with aoColumns.asSorting (e.g. double click required to reverse sorting). Now automatically initialised to the correct sorting interaction order.
- Fixed: There was an extraneous call to _fnSortingClasses (which is quite a heavy function) in _fnInitalise
- Fixed: Removed instances of iSortDir_ in the code examples to match the API change
- Fixed: Plug-ins are given their own section in the 'examples'